Amazing facts about animals will relate to their life, habits, appearance, instincts and other factors. It is impossible to imagine our planet without representatives of the animal world, which fill it in almost all corners of the Earth.
So, before you the most interesting facts about animals.
20 Amazing Animal Facts
- Giant anteaters carry their own babies on their backs until they become pregnant again.
- The roar of a lion can be heard at a distance of up to 8 kilometers.
- The redfin opah is the only fish with the ability to thermoregulate. Her body temperature is 5 °C higher than the environment. It is curious that the red-finned opah reaches a length of 2 meters, with a weight of about 100 kg.
- Did you know that a tiger (see interesting facts about tigers) sees about 6 times better than a human?
- Chimpanzees drink palm wine to get drunk.
- Bees of the species “Tetragonula carbonaria” build their nests in a spiral.
- Nosuha, from the raccoon family, has incredibly mobile ankles that can rotate 180⁰. As a result, this amazing animal can slide down a tree both frontally and backwards.
- The dog sees in its owner the leader of the pack, which must be obeyed.
- Most herbivores are color blind, so orange and green are identical to them. Thanks to this, tigers, for example, manage to remain unnoticed against the backdrop of greenery.
- Cats can make over a hundred different sounds, while dogs can only make about 10 sounds.
- Ant melanerpes hollows out mini-pantries for storing acorns in the trunks of dead trees, and for each acorn there is a separate pantry. An interesting fact is that up to 60,000 hidden fruits were found in one pine tree!
- Predators have eyes in front to see prey, while herbivores have eyes on the sides in order to notice an approaching predator in a timely manner.
- The pattern of spots for each leopard is individual, as a result of which there are no two identical animals on the planet.
- All cheetahs are the same. You can verify this by looking at their faces.
Cats can consume sea water safely, as their kidneys are able to filter the salt and excrete it naturally.
- A well-fed crocodile (see interesting facts about crocodiles) will never attack the victim, even when she is next to him.
- The whale-headed stork’s diet includes snakes, fish, turtles and even small crocodiles.
- Capuchins pee on their paws to wash themselves.
- According to scientists, monkeys can measure the height of the water level with a stick.
- Bird feathers usually weigh more than their skeleton.
- These were the most amazing facts about animals.